Run a Workshop
Hosting a workshop
Facilitating a Workshop
This resource library compiles the top reports, tools and research that Innoweave Developmental Evaluation Facilitators can use as they prepare for and deliver their workshops.
All the files link to a Box site, where you can preview, download, and make comments on documents. To be given access to this Box folder, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Tips for using Box can be found at the bottom of this page.
As you prepare for this workshop, the following resources might be helpful:
- A template agenda which can be used to help plan your workshop.
- A PowerPoint deck with all DE content, including notes for the facilitator. This can be used as the base of your workshop.
- A set of handouts to be distributed to workshop participants throughout the day. They include background information on DE, as well as tools to help participants begin to plan for implementing DE in their own organization.
Micro-Tools: Quick exercises to assist with Developmental Evaluation
Innoweave has adapted a series of micro-tools for the Developmental Evaluation Module. They can be used as standalone exercises or as part of working through a module and implementing a new approach.
- Experience Map: Understand stakeholder experiences and relationships as part of DE here
- Theory of Change: Align your activities with your impacts here
- User Experience: Get first-hand perspective on your activities here
- Value Mapping: Understand your core values as part of DE here
Workshop facilitators may wish to recommend using these micro-tools:
- After the Introduction to Developmental Evaluation webinar, as an exploratory exercise
- As preparation for an Innoweave Developmental Evaluation workshop
- During a Developmental Evaluation workshop, as determined by the facilitator
- During the coaching phase, as determined by an Innoweave Developmental Evaluator
Tips for Using Box
- After sending your request to email@example.com, you will be invited to join the "Innoweave Developmental Evaluation Workshop Materials" Box folder by e-mail. You must accept the invitation. If you don't already have a Box account, you will have to create one to access the files.
- Once you are logged on to Box, you can also navigate to files directly from the Innoweave site, by clicking on the individual document links.
- Inside Box, you can click on any folder or document to view its contents. Click "download" on the top right to save the file to your computer in its original file form (e.g. ppt, doc, xls).
- If you'd like, you can add comments to any of the documents. These are only visible to your fellow facilitators (i.e. they are not public).