Impact and Strategic Clarity
Defining an intended impact and developing, analyzing, and refining a strategy for achieving it.
The slides from this webinar can be accessed here.
The Impact and Strategic Clarity module helps community organizations clarify what they aim to achieve, how they will achieve it, and how they will measure their success. Participating organizations conduct an in-depth analysis of their own program data and examine external evidence to clarify where to focus their efforts and how to measure success.
After completing this module, participating organizations will:
- Commit to achieving a defined impact
- Identify the steps required to achieve that impact
- Understand how to explain the organization’s direction to key stakeholders
The Impact module includes workshops and coaching over a five-month period. The first round of participants in this module (October 2012-March 2013) completed their work with the Bridgespan Group, which has over 12 years of experience helping organizations achieve breakthroughs in performance and results. Information on current and previous cohorts can be found here.
Grant applications to participate in the Impact and Strategic Clarity module are reviewed twice annually. Organizations requiring a subsidy to participate in the Impact and Strategic Clarity module can submit grant applications up until the first working day following January 1st and July 1st. Applicants will receive a response within 4-6 weeks of these deadlines.
To apply for a grant to participate in this module:
- Click here and follow the instructions to create an application. Prior to creating an application, you will need to create an account and log in.
- Once you are logged in, select "Innoweave Applications" under Create a New Submission and choose the "Impact and Strategic Clarity" module.
- Complete the application in full and please remember to click "Submit Application" when you are done. To view a full version of the application before completing it, click here.
Each community organization will select a 3-5 person leadership team to participate in this module, one of whom is your ED/CEO. This includes:
- Two full-day workshops, one at the kick-off and one at mid-point
- Coaching calls every other week for five months
- Activities designed to gain greater strategic clarity, engage key stakeholders (including board members), and discover what changes are needed to maximize impact, track success, and learn from experience
The the Impact module is supported by the Ontario Trillium Foundation, United Way Centraide Canada, PricewaterhouseCoopers Canada Foundation, United Way York Region, The J.W. McConnell Family Foundation, and CISCO Canada.
Content for this module has been developed by the Bridgespan Group