Impact and Strategic Clarity
Defining an intended impact and developing, analyzing, and refining a strategy for achieving it.
The Impact and Strategic Clarity module helps community organizations clarify what they aim to achieve, how they will achieve it, and how they will measure their success. Participating organizations conduct an in-depth analysis of their own program data and examine external evidence to clarify where to focus their efforts and how to measure success.
After completing this module, participating organizations will:
- Commit to achieving a defined impact
- Identify the steps required to achieve that impact
- Understand how to explain the organization’s direction to key stakeholders
The Impact module includes workshops and coaching over a 6-month period. The first round of participants in this module (October 2012-March 2013) are working with the Bridgespan Group, which has over 12 years of experience helping organizations achieve breakthroughs in performance and results. Further waves of the Impact module are planned for April- November 2013 and again in 2014, which will be led by Innoweave's Certified Innoweave Impact Coaches.
Each community organization will select a 3-5 person leadership team to participate in this module, one of whom is your ED/CEO. This includes:
- Two full-day group workshops, one at the kick-off and one at mid-point
- Coaching calls every other week for five months
- Activities designed to gain greater strategic clarity, engage key stakeholders (including board members), and discover what changes are needed to maximize impact, track success, and learn from experience
If you are interested in participating in a future cohort of the Impact and Strategic Clarity module, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The first wave of the Impact module is supported by United Way Centraide Canada, PricewaterhouseCoopers Canada Foundation, United Way York Region, The J.W. McConnell Family Foundation, and CISCO Canada.
Content for this module has been developed by the Bridgespan Group