DU B FIT Consulting | firstname.lastname@example.org
Based in Scotland, ON, serving organizations across Canada
Nancy Dubois is a professional Facilitator with over 20 years experience working in the non-profit sector. Her expertise related to scaling includes complex planning with individual organizations as well as collectives of various sizes,assessment of readiness (especially in the area of policy development & system change), facilitation & training others in facilitation, training in many areas to build capacity most often in those delivering programs, sustainability planning and communications & marketing to expand program reach. Nancy is especially skilled at the evaluation of strategies & programs to determine effectiveness & aptitude for continuation.
Coaching experience, all in non-profit agencies, includes:
- Health promotion and project management coach in 19 community agencies in high-priority Toronto neighbourhoods operating peer-led diabetes prevention programs.
- Coach to the 36 Heart Health coalitions across Ontario over a ten year period.
- Coach to over 200 groups on many health promotion topics as a field consultant with the Centre for Health Promotion at U of T for 12 years.
- Coach to staff in many organizations on facilitation skills.
- Coach to Program Coordinators within organizations working on projects new to them, to help develop strategy & intervention approaches best suited to their context.
The organizations listed below are a sampling of Nancy's work. Many more examples could be provided.
- Toronto Public Health, IntoKidsHealth work in 10 pilot schools to expand into first 6 schools & then others.
- Coordinated one of five demonstration projects & then supported the expansion of it to 37 communities
- Supported the expansion of a Mall Walking program with the Active Living Coalition for Older Adults from 7 to 10 in Toronto with plans to go nationwide
- Built capacity in 75 agencies funded by United Way in Halton Region to scale their evaluation to include outcomes
- Supported the evaluation of the Aboriginal FunZone Project for KidSport Ontario in order to expand it beyond the pilot communities
- Active Grand, a three jurisdiction strategy, moving from an education & skill-building focus to a policy approach to address access to recreation
- Support to groups in Muskoka, Renfrew, Lambton, York and others in expanding nutrition education to addressing food insecurity, Food Charters and
- Support to Healthy Communities Partnerships in Elgin St. Thomas, Niagara, London, Eastern Ontario, Waterloo (Wilmot Township), Windsor and beyond in moving from educational and skill-building strategies to environmental support and policy approaches
- Safer Bars Ontario to scale up to system change approaches
- Support to the building of Business Cases for specific programs in Chatham-Kent and Brantford
- Coach to the 19 community agencies in Toronto high priority neighbourhoods addressing the prevention of diabetes in moving beyond education to supportive community environments