DU B FIT Consulting | firstname.lastname@example.org
Based in Scotland, ON, serving organizations across Canada
Nancy Dubois is a professional Facilitator with over 25 years experience working in the social profit and public sectors. Her expertise related to scaling includes complex planning with individual organizations as well as collectives of various sizes, assessment of readiness (especially in the area of policy development & system change), facilitation & training others in facilitation, training in many areas to build capacity most often in those delivering programs, sustainability planning and communications & marketing to expand program reach. Nancy is especially skilled at the evaluation of strategies & programs to determine effectiveness & aptitude for continuation.
Coaching experience, all in public or social profit agencies, includes:
Innoweave Coach to collectives such as:
- West Elgin Youth Task Team
- Brantford, Brant Youth Collective Impact
- Hamilton Youth Employment
- Toronto Multicultural Youth Graduation Strategy
- Simcoe County Youth Resiliency Strategy
- Health promotion and project management coach in 19 community agencies in high-priority Toronto neighbourhoods operating peer-led diabetes prevention programs.
- Coach to the 36 Heart Health coalitions across Ontario over a ten year period.
- Coach to over 200 groups on many health promotion topics as a field consultant with the Centre for Health Promotion at U of T for 12 years.
The organizations listed below are a sampling of Nancy's work. Many more examples could be provided.
- Toronto Public Health, IntoKidsHealth work in 10 pilot high priority schools to expand into first 6 schools & then others.
- Coordinated one of five demonstration projects & then supported the expansion of it to 37 communities
- Supported the expansion of a Mall Walking program with the Active Living Coalition for Older Adults from 7 to 10 in Toronto with plans to go nationwide
- Built capacity in 75 agencies funded by United Way in Halton Region to scale their evaluation to include outcomes
- Supported the evaluation of the Aboriginal FunZone Project for KidSport Ontario in order to expand it beyond the pilot communities
- Active Grand, a three jurisdiction strategy, moving from an education & skill-building focus to a policy approach to address access to recreation
- Support to groups in Muskoka, Renfrew, Lambton, York and others in expanding nutrition education to addressing food insecurity, Food Charters and Sustainable Food Systems
- Support to Healthy Communities Partnerships in Elgin St. Thomas, Niagara, London, Eastern Ontario, Waterloo (Wilmot Township), Windsor and beyond in moving from educational and skill-building strategies to environmental support and policy approaches
- Safer Bars Ontario to scale up to system change approaches
- Support to the building of Business Cases for specific programs in Chatham-Kent and Brantford
- Coach to the 19 community agencies in Toronto high priority neighbourhoods addressing the prevention of diabetes in moving beyond education to supportive community environments