Joël Marier has had a career of more than thirty years as a senior executive in the not-for-profit and charitable sector. Until 2015, he was the National Executive Director of Hostelling International - Canada, a position he held for more than 12 years.
A graduate in business administration from UQAM in 1992, Joël has demonstrated his leadership among various coalitions and federations in Quebec, Canada and working internationally in the youth, leisure and tourism sectors. He has particularly contributed to placing sustainable development at the heart of the mission of the International Youth Hostel Movement. Over the course of his career, he has developed strong skills in strategic analysis, policy and program development focused on social change, networking and facilitation, economic development, and human and financial resource management.
His many volunteer involvements include coaching as a mentor for the Canadian Society of Association Executives and the Professional Association of Chartered Administrators of Quebec. Internationally, with fluency in English, French and Spanish, Joel is President of World Heritage Hostels in cooperation with UNESCO.
- Hostelling International Canada
- Urban Native Youth Association, Vancouver, BC
- Fondation Tourisme Jeunesse
- Initiative 1,2,3 GO! Longueuil, Qc
- Les Résidences du Presbytère Saint-Patrick à Magog
- Entité2, planification de services de santé en français enOntario
- Centre d'Innovation des Premiers Peuples
- Alberta Rural Development Network