Ottawa, ON (en anglais)
Atelier (en anglais)
Cet atelier est seulement disponible en anglais
Innoweave is pleased to partner with the Carleton University Master of Philanthropy and Nonprofit Leadership program to offer a Constructive Engagement Workshop.
The workshop is designed to help leadership teams of 3-4 (including board members) start to develop a draft engagement strategy and plan, by:
- Identifying the outcomes they hope to achieve as an organization (i.e. intended impact);
- Isolating policy and practice barriers to those outcomes, and discern who needs to be engaged to remove those barriers;
- Determining what those people would need to do differently, such as institute a change in policy or practice;
- Selecting among approaches and tactics for engagement and change;
- Drafting the questions to ‘finalize’ for an engagement strategy, including what else needs to be figured out and who else needs to be engaged.
This workshop will be led by Sean Moore. Sean has more than 30 years experience in public-policy and advocacy related to local, provincial/state and federal government affairs in Canada and the United States. Sean is a recipient of the 2013 Bissett Distinguished Alumni Award from Carleton University's School of Public Policy & Administration (SPPA).
The Innoweave Constructive Engagement Workshop builds on the Innoweave Introduction to Constructive Engagement webinar. You are encouraged to view this previously recorded webinar online prior to submitting your application to the workshop, or click here to register for an upcoming Introduction to Constructive Engagement webinar on September 15th at 12:00pm ET.
- When: Wednesday, November 19th, 2014 (8:30 AM to 4:30 PM)
- Where: Dunton Tower (Room 2017, 20th Floor), Carleton University, 1125 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa, ON
- Cost: $250 + HST per team
- Deadline: Applications are due Monday, October 27th. Space is limited. Successful applicants will be notified by Monday, November 3rd, 2014.
To apply for this workshop:
- Complete the Constructive Engagement Self-Assessment; you will be asked to include your results code in your application.
- Click here (or on the "Apply" button above) and follow the instructions to create an application. Prior to creating an application, you will need to create an account and log in. Once you are logged in, start a new submission under "Innoweave Applications" and choose Constructive Engagement workshop.
- Complete the application in full and please remember to click "Submit Application" when you are done. Only one application form per team is required.
Participating organizations will also be eligible to apply for a small implementation grant in January 2015 to engage a coach to help them with development following the workshop. To learn more about Innoweave Implementation Grants, click here.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.